Wednesday, January 25, 2012

List


1. Picturing America: Landscapes (an online art gallery, click theme and landscapes).  Honestly, when I clicked on the link of American Landscapes, I was expecting something completely nature based.  Considering all of the natural beauty in America, I could not imagine something other than pure rugged wilderness.  I was taken aback when I discovered paintings of factories and railroads, and all those massive technological successes that America uses to flaunt our superiority and industrial power.  The complete contrast between scenes of natural America and snap shots of industrial advancement were puzzling enough to captivate my attention.  My narrow mind had never considered something so man-made and technological to be a landscape, but when I considered it, that’s what America is, a country always striving to develop and pursuing the American dream.  It is almost as if the gallery serves as a reminder of the importance of progress and our roots.

Leandro
2. It's Nice That is a blog bursting forth with an artful spirit that has no bounds.  What’s On by Leandro Erlich caught my eye and I couldn’t look away; its bizarre design, striking danger, and apparent defile of gravity were enough to encourage a another look.  After close observation, the picture’s complexity increased with an almost playful intensity.   It’s almost as if simple, everyday people, objects, clothing, and architect were suddenly thrown together and broke the laws of science. 
libraryloveletters
3. Found Magazine immediately triggered my interest by toying with my emotions.  I couldn’t simply pass by the intimate looks into countless anonymous individuals; it somewhat demands a compassionate reaction.  It creates a direct path into typically the most personal aspects of an individual’s life; it reveals those secret corridors in the house of one’s heart.  These are the things that you do not learn about acquaintance or on first dates.  I found the site is a way to personally relate to the world and open my mind to the fact that everyone deals with different circumstances, no one person is the same. 

1 comment: