Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anthology

The theme for my anthology will be rain.  It fascinates me with both is simplicity and complexity.  It is so contrasting with a wide range of variety from the harsh, dark pounding of a stormy downpour to the soft, peaceful drip-dropping of a spring shower.  It can set the mood, cause foreshadowing, and really change the pace of any piece of work.  One artifact I hope to use is the poem Rain by Naomi Shihab Nye because the poem is short and sweet and, even though rain is not the main focus or mentioned at all until the last line, it plays an important role in the poem’s mood while emphasizing the beauty of childhood naivety.  Another artifact I would like to use would be the rain scene in the Notebook because I find it only necessary to have at least one stereotypical, romantic rain scene in my collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment